This is a good trek for people who don't have much time in Nepal. It is an 8-day long trek which starts in Kathmandu itself, but can be completed in as little as 5–6 days. The normal trailhead starts off at Sundarijal and goes past Chisopani,Hyolmo, Kutumsang, Magin Goth, Tharepati, Malemchigaun, Nakote and Hyolmo, Tarke Gyang. After which you have the option of two roads one is the footpath via Sermathang or the bus route via Kiul Takpa Kharka. Kashye Both ways ultimately meet at Melemchi where you can take a bus back to Kathmandu. Another variation is the reverse of this trek. The maximum height reached during the trek is about 3650m.
The Gosaikunda area has been delineated as a religious site. Hindu mythology attributes Gosaikunda as the abode of the Hindu deities Shiva and Gauri. The Hindu scriptures Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu Purana and the epics Ramayana and Mahabharata refer to Samudra manthan, which is directly related to the origin of Gosaikunda. Its waters are considered holy and of particular significance during the Gangadashahara and the Janai Purnima festivals when thousands of pilgrims from Nepal and India visit the area. Gosaikunda is believed to have formed from the digging of the land by the Trishul (holy Trident) of lord Shiva
The Gosaikunda and Helambu trek is a superb introduction to Himalaya trek. It includes all the main elements like: excellent & exciting trails, ridge-top paths with extensive views on both sides, campsites with wonderful outlooks, you can watch sunrise over Nepal from your tent door, continually changing environments as we climb and descend, different cultures and religions, a high pass to cross the Laurabina La at altitude of 4,610Meters, a sacred site to visit the lake at Gosiankunda and new and dramatic vistas each day of the trek. The views on this route include all the main peaks between the Annapurnas in west and in east Everest. Our Gosaikunda and Helembu trek starts from Sundarijal on the outskirts of Kathmandu and ends at Dhunche then follows by bus back to Kathmandu.
- Arrival & departures transfers by private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel as per itinerary
- Domestic transfers by private vehicle as per the itinerary
- All accommodation during trek (tea house/local lodge)
- All meals during trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- English-speaking local guide & porters during trek
- Respective regional trekking maps.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) fee
- Nepal visa fee
- Extra nights accommodation in kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International flight & departure taxes
- Lunch & dinner during hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Personal equipment/gear & clothing (can be hired in Kathmandu)
- Cost incurred due to emergency evacuation
- Any expenses of a personal nature (telephone bills, table drinks, snacks, laundry bills, hot shower etc)
- Tips & gratuities